ARE YOU WORRIED THAT WITHOUT SOME SORT OF BUSINESS STARTUP COACHING,YOUR BUSINESS DREAM COULD SUDDENLY TURN INTO A BUSINESS NIGHTMARE?
The staggering evidence suggests that it just might…
- FAILURES – According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), more than 60 per cent of small businesses cease to operate within the first three years. (Source: Huffington Post article: Why Small Businesses Fail in Australia by Libby-Jane Charleston)
- STRUGGLES – Libby-Jane goes on to cite the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC), whose report on insolvencies for 2011-12 found that 44% of businesses were guilty of poor strategic management; 40% had inadequate cash flow or high cash use and 33% struggled with trading losses.
WHAT CAN YOU DO ABOUT IT?
If you have an idea and are thinking of starting a business, or you’re still in your first year of trading, you can massively improve your chances of success by engaging an experienced businessman like me as your mentor and coach to help you with consolidating your startup…
Coaching may seem like just another expense when you are already concerned about bills, but when you consider that less than 40 percent of small businesses actually survive more than three years, it could well be one of the wisest investments you ever make.
I can’t guarantee your success because there are too many variables and I don’t yet know how serious you really are about doing what it takes to make your business work.
What I do know, however, is that as an experienced businessman, my coaching, consulting and mentoring can save you making a lot of expensive errors and help you start up your business on the right track.
HOW DO SO MANY SMALL BUSINESSES FAIL?
There are many reasons – too many to capture them all, but here are some of the main ones:
- Insufficient market research – a good idea is not always a successful business idea!
- No business plan – the process of writing a sound strategic plan forces you to confront any over-optimistic tendencies.
- Poor marketing strategy – even the best products and services will falter without the right marketing mix. A marketing plan can make your efforts more cohesive.
- Lack of capital – starting on a shoe string budget can put too much pressure on, too quickly.
- Lack of expertise – you might have done well as an employee in a certain industry, but it’s a big leap in knowledge to lead and manage.
- Aptitude – not everyone’s cut out for the pressure of having ‘the buck stop’ with you! It takes a a massive change of mindset to actually be the boss.
- Fear of selling – it’s amazing how many people are unwilling to push through feeling uncomfortable – a good sales system, backed with training helps immensely.
- Unwillingness to seek advice – those who succeed realise the power of leveraging from other people’s experience, that’s why I offer business startup coaching.
WHY ENGAGE A BUSINESS ADVISOR LIKE ME, TONY INMAN?
- Knowledge – You can pick my brains for beneficial ideas and insights that could make you a lot of extra revenue and profit.
- Experience – My coaching, consulting and mentoring is based on over 35 years in management, with over 20 years developing a variety of my own businesses. A common attribute of successful people is that they learn from other people’s experience.
- Mentoring – Invest in your own wisdom – the cost of failure is a lot higher than the investment in a coach.
- Support – Business can feel very lonely, when you need to talk with someone and your family or friends may not understand. I’ve got your back!
I have a track record of successfully helping many people in many different situations to solve their problems and get results. (See a selection of my previous client testimonials)
You might need holistic support or maybe just some tailored solutions. It will cost you nothing to have a chat, but it might cost you a lot if you don’t!
MY KIND OF CLIENTS AND WHAT TO DO NEXT
I only work with people who take action and have what it takes to succeed. If that’s you, then contact me here for a no-obligation, free ‘Curiosity Catch-up’. We can chat over a tea or coffee (or even a glass of water!) and see if we’re a good match.
Call me today – the sooner you call, the sooner I can help you!
WHAT ONE OF MY FORMER CLIENTS, REBECCA DONALD SAID ABOUT WORKING WITH ME, TONY INMAN
“I feel that working with my coach [Tony Inman], I’ve been able to receive a strong clarity about my personal and professional life. I’m able to better achieve my goals and keep a more effective lifestyle. I’ve been able to develop a new courage to take on difficult challenges and know that the decisions I’m making are intelligent ones based on the facts and not just my emotions. It’s a step in the right direction working with a professional coach.
Thank you Tony. I wouldn’t have started my business if it wasn’t for you (and your business startup coaching). You should be proud that you gave me confidence to believe. ”
Rebecca Donald – Real Estate Principal, Donald Property Group, Rivervale WA
Update: Rebecca was somewhat hesitant about starting her own business, yet after working with me to develop her self-confidence, she started her property management division and went from zero to around 100 properties under management in the first year alone! That’s the power of effective business startup coaching!